708.646.9280 Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois Request A Quote

I know many musicians, so here’s to my fellow strummers and drummers…

A musician myself, I was curious about how my guitars and musical-related gear are covered under my homeowners insurance policy.  While I don’t have anything very valuable, I know that some insurance carriers have sub-limits on certain items, including musical instruments and related equipment.

The case is this:  If your primary income source is from playing music or recording music, then your instruments coverage will be limited to $1500 or $2500.  So, if you are a gigging musician with a Gibson Les Paul that’s worth $6,000, you lose it in a fire, the insurance company may only give you part of the value.

If you have some instruments and playing/recording music is NOT your primary source of income, then the sky is the limit.

Either way – if you have never thought of this before, you should review your coverage immediately.  It doesn’t matter if you own a house, townhouse or condo, or rent an apartment, the coverage will be the same.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I’m always here to help!